Best of the One Tweets #1


I got over 40 submissions for 1 tweet reviews yesterday. I am flabbergasted at the response to this. Thanks so much. I feel it necessary to call out a few of my favorites and link some of their stuff.  


You’ll like Eleanor Collides 

“Lifeboats” is a song that features a wide open space and a baritone voice. I get vibes of isolation despite the hugeness of it. It has an urban sensation but one of that being alone in the city. Much like being alone at a party, this character is walking around looking at people. Maybe he’s feeling a little melancholic that no one is looking back. 


“Candy Heart” is a song that weaseled its way into my heart with its pop charm. Here’s a flawless vocal performance, a great arrangement, and guitar work that is incredibly interesting. I like the lyrics, I like the bass. Hell, I like everything about this song. 


Please check out Eliza May

 



The song of the day was by an act called Indie Soull .  On this track we have a quiet and patient falsetto that doesn’t show boat its dexterity so much as utilize it for the complex but catchy and sparse accompaniment. There’s an impossibly catchy bass, harmonies to die for, a message, and a quiet ambience that invites you to listen, instead of forcing you to. It’s a marvelous track and should be an 80’s or 90’s Soul classic. I bow to thee, Indie Soull.


Thanks for checking out the playlist and at least these three songs. These are hardworking artists here!



Comments

Popular Posts