Michael Frazer - I Want You (official video) Review

I’ve never reviewed a video before. But, I don’t see why I’m not qualified. I have spent far too many hours watching MTV. I still have all of the classic videos in my head somewhere from Dire Straits to Cypress Hill. They all have videos, every artist. Now Michael Frazer. 

Everyone should know who Michael Frazer is. One of the things I admire about him is quality. His performances are on target, his sound is immaculate, and he writes for people with eclectic rock tastes. He has been putting out quality music for years. Since I first discovered him with his song, “The Man You Never Knew,” I’ve known him to be reliable, thoughtful, insightful, and playful from listening to his music. 



To be honest, I had high expectations for the video. I am quite relieved that this is going to be a good review.. 


There’s a particular Bo Diddley inspired beat that makes you smile and move around.  What we have here is a Bo Diddley feel and it sure is refreshing. I love all the subtle touches like the keys and the sparse yet fresh accompaniment.  Even the name suggests a simple message. And that’s what it’s about. The video was shot at high quality, and I found the imagery entertaining. I Want You, (official video)


Michael Frazer’s Spotify 


*One thing I’d like to say to the reader and potential viewer is that a lot of work went into this video. There’s a professionalism in the way Michael as the artist is portrayed that doesn’t come easy. This is great footage and I’d be thrilled to ever get to make a video of this quality. Kudos to who helped make it. -K

Comments

Popular Posts